Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 20 - 1000 and get 5% off
- Buy 10 - 19 and get 4% off
- Buy 5 - 9 and get 3% off
Scald Valve Body: Standard Construction
Open Temperature: 105ºF Temperature Set Point
MTRs Available at an additional cost. Please call for details.
The HAT/SP valve continually senses and automatically bleeds excessively hot water from safety shower and eyewash systems. Protection is provided with minimal water consumption. The unique plug and seat design offers the most reliable, tight shutoff available. All HAT/SP valves are factory tested and covered by a 36 month prorated warranty.
Solar radiation or overheating caused by steam or electric tracing can cause extremely high temperatures at the point of use, resulting in a safety hazard for plant personnel. When installed in safety showers, eyewash stations, and other locations exposed to the same source of overheating as the system, the HAT/SP will be heated just as the pipe system. The valve will open to establish flow until the over-temperature water is eliminated and it will then modulate closed.
When the water temperature rises above safe limits and a danger of scalding exists, the thermal actuator modulates the valve open. As water temperature rises a few degrees above the valve closing temperature the valve begins to open. A small sample of the water from the pipe system then flows past the sensor. The valve will continue to modulate open until the over-temperature water is eliminated. When the water temperature returns to the safe range (10°F below the full open set-point) the valve modulates closed, minimizing water loss. The HAT/SP-105 is full open at 105°F (41°C) and remains open until water temperature is 95°F (35°C) or below. On rising water temperature, the HAT/SP-105 begins to open before water temperature reaches 100°F (38°C).
- Stainless steel body, fittings, spring, and plug
- Corrosion resistant
- Exclusive Thermoloid® sensor/controller
- Compact, low-mass
- Two wrench flats for easy installation
- Ram type plug for reliable and tight shutoff
- Installs in any orientation
- HAT/SP-105 Meets OSHA temperature guideline
- Protects safety showers from over-temperature conditions, keeping personnel safe
- Long service life
- Fast response
- Discharges the minimum amount of water required to keep water temperature within safe limits
- Reverse flow option for C-port is rated 150 PSIG (10.33 BAR); D-port is 70 PSIG (4.8 BAR)
- Standard open temperature is 105°F. Optional open temperatures, 95°F, 100°F, 110°F, and 115°F.
(Note: Closing temperature is typically 10°F below opening temperature)
- All HAT/SP valve are covered by a 36 month warranty
- #20 mesh strainer is recommended